Saturday, March 14, 2009

Midtown Kitchen + Bar


Without further ado, I bring you the inaugural post on Burger Fiend. The pictures will obviously get better once i'm not using my BlackBerry camera phone and when I can finally get together with my designer friend to help with some stock images.

Nonetheless, this burger comes from Midtown Kitchen and Bar – a spot nestled alongside the Clark/Lake train station and best known for its after-work clientele of business suits and leather boots.

I went with a co-worker friend and upon being seated in the cavernous upstairs dining room/bar area, my taste for a light appetizer selection quickly turned ravenous once I saw the 10 or so burger choices available. Nine times out of 10 my stomach always wins.

I selected the Backyard Burger; a delectable piece of bovine coupled with bacon (non-descript), onion straws, cheddar and topped with a few swirls of barbeque sauce. Add a bit of ketchup to bring out the sweet and the savory, and I was ready to dig in.

(Editor’s note: I always forgo the shrubbery, which in my opinion takes away from the true taste of the meat experience. Do you typically lay a blanket of lettuce and raw onions on top of your Kansas City strip steak or Thanksgiving turkey feast?)

While I’m pretty sure the burger was not hand packed (which is an automatic deduction), a decent steak texture was present despite the circular patty. Regardless, I was pleased with the selection and the barbeque sauce added a zesty touch to the overall experience.
Wash the ‘burg down with a few $3 BLs and you’re looking at the perfect way to kick off the weekend. The only real complaints was the obnoxious (read: deeply intoxicated) crew screaming at the top of their

Rating: 3 out of 5




Address:
203 N. LaSalle St.
Chicago, IL 60601

312.379.5086

1 comment:

  1. Thought you'd like this:

    http://culinarytypes.blogspot.com/2009/03/big-apple-burger-banter-perfect-pint.html

    ReplyDelete